Friday, March 9, 2012

Public Reservations....

So after some serious thought, I realized that I feel like a deer caught in headlights when I someone speaks to me in Spanish. It's so crazy! Even though I understand what they are saying, it's like my mind is slow and isn't quite computing as quickly as I think it should. Then I get caught up in thinking about things like What if I'm not conjugating correctly? Should I use informal or formal? Is this the correct grammar or word to use? It's really rather insane to have all of those thoughts running through my mind in a split second! I know that my grasp of Spanish is at an intermediate/advanced level, but I always feel like I don't know ENOUGH Spanish just yet. Practice makes Improvement and I know I have to get over my nervousness, but it's like a brick wall sometimes. Especially in public places with my daughter! I know that this probably happens to a lot of people who speak other languages, and I just need some suggestions as to how to overcome this feeling? Will it get better over time? or Should I just throw myself into speaking Spanish randomly in public with Dimaya?

2 comments:

  1. I am exactly the same way! I get really nervous even when I know what I need to say. I have started watching the telenovela Eva Luna to help me with my accent. It does not help the shyness mixed in with the self doubt. I bet your Spanish is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb kind of work by the author as on this particular topic people needs more precise information and special attention to it.Thanks a lot.
    Norwegian dictionary

    ReplyDelete