Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Post-Valentine's Day

So yesterday was interesting...for lack of a better word. It was Valentine's Day and it was a LONG day. Dimaya woke up screaming 3 times in the middle of the night, but she did put herself back to sleep which is awesome. No one tells you that even when babies do begin sleeping through the night, it doesn't mean that you will. Most nights I hardly sleep since I'm always anticipating the moment she'll wake up screaming! So, yes, there is some truth to when other parents tell you "You will never sleep again!" with their sunken and bloodshot eyes. Welcome to Zombieville...because that's exactly how you're going to feel. It's crazy how you just look at your child's face and you can't be angry about not getting any sleep.

I started off the morning with some a bowl of Captain Crunch in Horizon Organic Fat Free Milk since it took everything in me to crawl out of bed. I must say--if you haven't tried it yet--Horizon milk is the best I've ever tasted. I tend to be a little sensitive to milk, but for some reason, it's about the only brand that doesn't bother me as much. The gym trip turned out to be a family affair. Steve, Dimaya, and I mobbed into the gym with all of our gear (and toys). I had a pretty good workout, and was very surprised at myself for running 8 out 10 minutes non-stop on the treadmill! Currently I'm sticking to a routine I found online that seems simple, but effective. I'm feeling a little more confident and and less self-conscious about being in the gym. There were more women there this time so I didn't get the uncomfortable feeling this time. I completed everything on the circuit with a few interruptions from Dimaya. You see, she was in the Kids Club area with the glass windows. All I could see was her face--red and tear-streaked--plastered against the glass screaming for us to come and get her out.

As for Valentine's Day, Dimaya and I went to visit Steve and the interns at the office until their work day was finished. Then we had a family dinner at Shogun which was extremely busy. We ended up sitting around the grill with about a million other people and watched the show as the grillmaster cooked up our food. Dimaya was enthused by all of the action and stole the show as usual. The only thing she didn't like was when the fire blazed up really high and got close to her. It was funny us because she was so shocked she started crying and screaming for a moment. It was a great dinner...long...but fun! I hope everyone out there had a great Valentine's Day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment