Monday, February 14, 2011

Getting Motivated

(Okay, so I meant to post this yesterday also, but of course life happens. Figured I would just post it now).

The activities on Sunday were as follows:
  • Short walk in the park with the family (including the dogs). It didn't turn out to be very long or "brisk" to be considered exercise, but we got out of the house. We've had PLENTY of snow in the last few weeks.
  • Went to Barnes & Noble to get inspired and motivated for Monday...the big workout day! Read a few Pilates and Running magazines. I got really psyched about possible teacher training, certifications of all sorts, and Couch to 5K races.
  • Found a fitness routine that I think suits me well!
  • Got a new sports bra and some pants from Target. Let me tell you...I never knew breasts could be used as weapons (against yourself for that matter)! Obviously I needed some real support--went from a 34C to a 36DD--if I planned on running anywhere.
  • Had a nice dinner with friends and extended family. I opted for spinach enchiladas to be a little healthier! They were delicious!
One thing that concerns me about working out at the gym is being there with all of the juiceheads. I know it's something that is totally my issue, since most of them could care less whether or not I'm there working out. I guess there is some kind of solace in that. I never remember feeling this way before I had a baby. Probably because the idea of anything jiggling was far from my mind. Now it's part of life! That's a clear sign of motivation if I never had one before! Don't get me wrong...I'm not huge or terribly out of shape, but I have goals that mainly include feeling great about myself and helping others to do the same. It amazes that I'm going to do this in such a public way. I am really pumped about starting my workout and getting back in shape! Let's see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment