Thursday, August 11, 2011

There will be change...

It's been a while since I last blogged, but I'm back! My family and I are going through a transition right now which involves me going back to work and Dimaya going to nursery school. I am kind of excited about my job since I will be teaching Geography courses at the University, but I'm also kind of sad because we've never spent more than a few hours away from each other. I know that once she's over the initial shock, she'll do great. There are many positives in this equation. One being that she will just be around the corner on campus. At least I can get to her quickly if there is a problem. Steve will also be available and that makes me happy.

I still have so many things to do--lecture prep, generate a syllabus, trainings of all sorts--and it feels like going from spending the day with my daughter speaking Spanish and having a good time to filling out a ton of paperwork for HR and making decisions about who is fit (in my mind) to be caregiver for my child. I love teaching more than anything and if it didn't take up so much time...I would probably do it for free. It's something about being able to present--sometimes boring--material in your discipline in an interesting manner. I strive to be the best instructor that I can be, and this means looking at the things I hated and loved about the instructors I've had in the past. Right in between is a healthy balance ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment